Personal Trainer - Exercise Fitness Specialist Course (Chicago)
Personal Trainer - Exercise & Fitness Specialist Course Information Session
Date: To Be Announced
Time: To Be Announced
Location: Schaumberg, IL
For more information call: (631) 264-8096Get Notified of Next Free Information Session
Turn Your Passion for Fitness Into a Career
Do you want to launch a new career in the field of personal training? Are you seeking national certification as a person trainer-exercise and fitness specialist (CPT-EFS)? Are you already an exercise or fitness professional who wants to take personal training courses to stay up-to-date? The Academy of Applied Personal Training Education (AAPTE), in alliance with Hofstra Continuing Education, provides a course of study that combines theoretical science and hands-on practical skills training that prepares students for taking the AAPTE CPT-EFS exam.
Launch Your Career in Fitness in as Little as Six Weeks
Launch Your Career in Fitness in as Little as Six Weeks
When it comes to personal training programs, not all are created equal. The Personal Trainer Course offered at AAPTE will provide you the competitive edge you need to achieve success. Online programs cannot offer the hands-on experience that is needed to prepare you for a successful career as a fitness professional. AAPTE provides you with the strategies you need to get hired and get clients. Obtain first-hand, real-life instruction from a team of specialized instructors and subject matter experts with in-depth experience in their disciplines.
Prepare for the AAPTE CPT-EFS Nationally Accredited exam
Participate in collaborative learning experiences. Learn strategies to land a great job as well as tips to launch your own personal training business and get clients.
- Client Assessment - Health Screening Process
(Includes hands-on practical skills)
- Creating an Exercise Program & Methods of Progressing Exercise
- Anatomy and Physiology of Human Performance
- Foundations of Resistance Training Exercise Biomechanics Theory, Concepts and Application*(includes hands on practical)
- Joint Range of Motion, Stretching & Flexibility
- Intro to Nutritional Theory & Application
- Intro to Medical Terminology, Health & Medical Conditions
- Spinal Mechanics - Architecture & Function
- Basic Psychology Concepts for The Personal Trainer
- Business & Ethics of Personal Training
Sixty-six (66) hours of classroom theory (*includes twelve (12) hours of anatomy, meeting the prerequisite for AAPTE CPT-EFS Exam eligibility)* NOTE: Those with prior coursework in anatomy or a current nationally recognized personal trainer certification are exempt from the prerequisite course.
- Eighteen (18) hours of hands-on education taught at a state-of-the-art fitness center
- Topics include pre-exercise screening, fitness assessments & resistance training exercise biomechanics
- Optional 30-minute review session is offered before each class
- Three-hour course summary review
- Weekly session previews via email
- Lectures presented by subject matter experts
- All course materials included
- Practice test
- Course includes a one-time, optional AAPTE CPT-EFS Certification Exam fee*
Additional Course Information
This course is not a requirement to sit for the AAPTE CPT-EFS Exam, but is recommended for those seeking a classroom and practical skill learning experience.
Participation in the Personal Trainer – Exercise and Fitness Specialist course does not guarantee a candidate's success in passing the AAPTE CPT-EFS Exam. Visit our exam eligibility requirements for more information.
Certificate of Course Completion: Upon completion of the program and meeting the attendance requirements (participant may miss only two lectures and one lab class), participants receive a certificate of completion in course work from the Academy of Applied Personal Training Education. (Certificate is not a certification.)
Why Choose AAPTE
The Academy of Applied Personal Training Education (AAPTE) has been to providing an educational experience that merges theoretical science(s) and practical skill(s) training since 1996. We provide an educational course of study specifically designed to prepare the aspiring fitness professional for this evolving and emerging profession.
AAPTE’s unique educational curriculum provides comprehensive course work introducing students to current, relevant, scientific information relating to the human body, human performance, and methods of implementing safe, effective and efficient client centered exercise programming, instruction and methods of exercise progression.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the cost of this course? Personal Trainer Course (includes all materials): $699.00
- Do you offer a payment plan? Yes, please contact our main office at (631) 264-8096 and we'll set you up with a payment plan and get you registered for the class. Contact us today for more information.
- What happens if I can’t make a class? We offer review classes after each module. Prior to the next module there is an open face-to-face question and answer review session. Additionally there is a comprehensive review summarizing the course content at the end of the course.
Personal Trainer Course and Anatomy Course: $799.00
Anatomy Course only: $149.00
Students with prior coursework in anatomy or a current nationally recognized personal trainer certification are exempt from the prerequisite course.
Those planning to sit for the AAPTE CPT-EFS exam must meet the prerequisite requirement for anatomy. Those with a prior Anatomy course or have a current nationally recognized personal trainer certification are exempt from the prerequisite Anatomy course. A transcript or proof of certification must be submitted to the AAPTE via fax @ (516) 222-0004.