The Academy of Applied Personal Training Education (AAPTE) offers a variety of face to face, practical hands-on and lecture-based courses as well as 1to1 mentoring, virtual and home study courses. Every CEC course is intended to enhance both theoretical knowledge and the practical skills of the fitness professional. Fitness professionals will gain the teaching skills, unbiased knowledge, and confidence necessary to challenge their clients with resistance training exercise that is subjective and based upon the client’s needs, goals, and current abilities.
Our courses challenge the most current theories, trends, biases and marketing clichés associated with biomechanics, physiology, nutrition, human performance, sport specific training, and supplementation. We put into perspective their validity or lack of... From an exercise application perspective we clearly define the difference between "lifting weights / weight-training" and "muscular activation against resistance for specific needs and goals" to create safe, effective and efficient resistance training exercise (this is inclusive of CARDIO for clarification) musculoskeletal movement. We place an emphasis on applying science-based theoretical knowledge to practical hands-on skill training.
Fitness professionals will gain the teaching skills, knowledge and confidence necessary to challenge their clients with resistance training exercise subjectively based upon the client’s needs, goals, and current abilities. We are dedicated to “teaching how to think and not what to think” about exercise.
Sample Listing of AAPTE CEC Lecture and Practical Skill Courses:
- Foundations of Exercise Mechanics and Analysis 101 (Formerly Intro To Resistance Training Exercise Analysis)
- Adolescent Development And Exercise
- Resistance Training Program Design
- Facts And Fallacies - Ergogenic Aids - Diets And Supplements
- Performance Nutrition
- Neuromuscular Aspects of Resistance Training
- Physiological Responses And Adaptations To Resistance Training Exercise
- Special Populations Nutrition
- Functional Training? What is it? What actually makes an exercise functional?
- Musculoskeletal Dysfunction - Pathologies of The Upper Extremity
- Musculoskeletal Dysfunction - Pathologies of The Lower Extremity
- Assessment - Understanding and Planning Exercise For Individuals Who Suffer Cronic Disease
Theory and Practical Skill Courses:
- Upper Extremity
- Lower Extremity
- M.A.A.P Methods, Analysis, Application and Progression for Upper and lower Extremity
- 1to1 Trainer Development Course (one to one theory and practical skill course)
- Cadaver Anatomy
- Tubes - Bands - Balls & Body Weight Training
- Cardiovascular Training Effects, Adaptations & Testing
- The Spine
- Creating The Ultimate Resistance Training Exercise Experience
- Stretching A Functional Approach to mobility