- List counted participants (Registered, Attended, Pending (pay later), Awaiting approval, Pending from waitlist, Pending from approval, Partially paid, Pending refund)
- List uncounted participants (Completed, No-show, On waitlist, Cancelled, Not Attended, Pending (incomplete transaction), Rejected, Expired, Pending in cart, Transferred)
The payment plan down payment is $337.50 (includes $25.00 enrolment fee) the final payment of $312.50 must be paid in full by July 31st.
This HYBRID (LIVE ZOOM and FACE to FACE) course is specifically created for the exercise professional seeking a strong understanding of exercise mechanics. It is designed for the professional working toward a specialization in exercise biomechanics. This course is open to those that may not have a personal training certification, but have had coursework in a related area of study. Regardless of your client population: Bodybuilder, Powerlifter, Athlete, Rehab, and more, this knowledge is essential to exercise application and program design.
APTE is the authorized U.S. representative of the Resistance Training Specialist1 (RTS1) course and the optional certification Exam.
There is limited space for this course due to the nature of the practical hands-on experience.
Dates and time:
ZOOM - Aug 1st, Aug 3rd Aug 5th 6:00 - 8:30 pm
FACE to FACE - Aug 6th and Aug 7th, 9:00 – 4:30 pm - Optimuss Gym, Uniondale N.Y.
Lodging is available within walking distance of the gym. For information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Introduction to RTS™ principles and perspectives.
- Anatomical architecture and considerations related to joints and muscles.
- Exploration of forces and restraints related to exercise.
- Hands-on skill development for: upper extremity, lower extremity and spine
- In-depth application of the theory and principles.
- Exercise analysis, practical and verbal skill development.
- Introduce strategic variation® of exercise manipulation and progression.
Student must be:
- Open-minded. This course will challenge your beliefs and understanding of exercise.
- Interested in principle-based exercise decision-making.
- Committed to evolving their understanding of exercise in order to customize the design, execution, and delivery of exercise to meet the ever-changing needs and tolerances of each client/patient.
- Willing to participate in the practical skill exercise experience.
- Understand the fundamental principles of the RTS and how to apply them to create a unique client experience.
- Learn how to provide optimal stimulation to effectively progress exercise using cueing, neuromuscular and biomechanical principles.
- Apply principles of mechanics to exercise analysis and application (e.g. moment arm, torque, inertia and force).
- To understand that the effect of an exercise is based upon the application of forces (internal & applied) and their influence on the tissues of the human body.
Participants will be able to:
- Analyze motion, forces and position(s) of an exercise.
- Use strategic and deductive approaches to initiating an exercise and manipulate exercise for intended outcomes and goals.
- Apply the principle of MicroProgression™ of exercise(s) based upon a client’s needs, goals, abilities, and tolerance.
- Apply their understanding of the interrelationship of muscles actions, joint positions and motions to exercise application.
- Apply essential principles of physics and mechanics to exercise.
Exam - Home Based - Online
Successful completion of the RTS1 examination will earn the RTS1 credential.
Exam fee $75.00
- A minimum grade of 70 to pass
Presenter: Vincent Carvelli, B.S., R.T.S., C.P.T.
2.0 (15) APTE Credits for Course Participation
Course documents will be provided for CEC approval from other organizations
333 Earle Ovington Blvd
Uniondale, NY 11553