- List counted participants (Registered, Attended, Pending (pay later), Awaiting approval, Pending from waitlist, Pending from approval, Partially paid, Pending refund)
- List uncounted participants (No-show, On waitlist, Cancelled, Not Attended, Pending (incomplete transaction), Rejected, Expired, Pending in cart, Transferred)
As the knowledge of HIIT increases, exercise science demonstrates that this method of training provides performance benefits for athletes and improves the health of the recreational exercisers, but it also may be a suitable alternative to steady-state endurance training. AAPTE 5.25 CEC
The purpose of this course is to discuss and compare the cardiovascular, skeletal muscle, and metabolic adaptations to HIIT versus steady-state endurance exercise.
This course has a homestudy portion and practical component to include sample HIIT programs based on specific case study clients.
The course will conclude at 3:30 giving an hour and a half Homestudy portion to be completed at your convenience.
- Understanding HIIT
- Cardiovascular Physiology: Acute Responses and Chronic Adaptations
- HIIT vs. Steady State Endurance Exercise:
- Role of Rest and Recovery
- HIIT protocols
- Client Defined Prescriptions
- Practical applications
- Appropriate Progressions
Presenter: Theresa Cordova
333 Earle Ovington Blvd
Uniondale, NY 11553