- List counted participants (Registered, Attended, Pending (pay later), Awaiting approval, Pending from waitlist, Pending from approval, Partially paid, Pending refund)
- List uncounted participants (Completed, No-show, On waitlist, Cancelled, Not Attended, Pending (incomplete transaction), Rejected, Expired, Pending in cart, Transferred)
This course will build on the material presented in “Anatomy and Kinesiology Structure and Function” and will provide personal trainers with the tools they need to keep their clients healthy and safe while under their care. Whether you are an experienced personal trainer or just getting started in the field, this course will better prepare you to deal with some of the complex movement problems we face on a daily basis when working with clients. 2.5 AAPTE CEC.
Topics to be discussed will include:
Red Flags for Fitness Professional
- When is it appropriate to refer your client to a physician or other healthcare professional?
- What are the signs and symptoms of common systemic pathology?
- How can we differentiate between orthopedic pain and discomfort versus a more serious pathology?
Common Pathologies of the Shoulder Complex
- Differential diagnosis of common shoulder pathologies.
- Shoulder pathology across varying populations.
- Do’s and Dont’s of shoulder pain and your clients.
Training Tips for Maintaining Healthy Elbows, Wrists, and Hands
- Understand the root causes of medial and lateral epicondylitis.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of upper extremity radiculopathy.
- Differentiate between referred pain from the cervical spine versus true upper extremity dysfunction.
Common Pathologies of the Axial Skeleton
- Differential diagnosis of common pathologies.
- Pathology across varying populations.
- Role that different postures will have on both the respiratory and musculoskeletal system.
Presenter: John Petrizzo, DPT