Personal Trainer - Resistance Training Specialist (RTS11) Certification Course
Turn Your Passion for Fitness Into a Career
Do you want to launch a new career in the field of personal training? Are you seeking national certification as a person trainer-exercise and fitness specialist (CPT-RTS1)? Are you already an exercise or fitness professional who wants to take personal training courses to stay up-to-date? The Academy of Applied Personal Training Education (AAPTE), in alliance with Hofstra Continuing Education, provides a course of study that combines theoretical science and hands-on practical skills training that prepares students for taking the AAPTE CPT-RTS1 exam.
Launch a Rewarding Career in Fitness in as Little as Six Weeks
Launch Your Career in Fitness in as Little as Six Weeks
When it comes to personal training programs, not all are created equal. The Personal Trainer Course offered at AAPTE will provide you the competitive edge you need to achieve success. Online programs cannot offer the hands-on experience that is needed to prepare you for a successful career as a fitness professional. AAPTE provides you with the strategies you need to get hired and get clients. Obtain first-hand, real-life instruction from a team of specialized instructors and subject matter experts with in-depth experience in their disciplines.
Participate in collaborative learning experiences. Learn strategies to land a great job as well as tips to launch your own personal training business and get clients.
Personal Trainer/Resistance Training Specialist1 Course Modules
- Client Assessment - Health Screening Process
(Includes hands-on practical skills)
- Creating an Exercise Program & Methods of Progressing Exercise
- Anatomy and Physiology of Human Performance
- Foundations of Resistance Training Exercise Biomechanics Theory, Concepts and Application*(includes hands on practical)
- Joint Range of Motion, Stretching & Flexibility
- Intro to Nutritional Theory & Application
- Intro to Medical Terminology, Health & Medical Conditions
- Spinal Mechanics - Architecture & Function
- Basic Psychology Concepts for The Personal Trainer
- Business & Ethics of Personal Training
*Hands-On Practical Skills Students are engaged in a state-of-the-art gym, where practical skills are introduced, practiced and progressed. Included are: pre-exercise screening, health and fitness assessments (body composition analysis, blood pressure, and resting heart rate measurements) and biomechanical principles and methods of analyzing and teaching resistance training exercises. Hands-on training includes the use of machines, free weights, tubing, body weight and cardiovascular equipment.
- Fifty-eight (58) hours of classroom theory (includes 12 hours of anatomy, meeting the prerequisite for AAPTE CPT-RTS1 exam eligibility), Eighteen (18) hours of hands-on practical skill training taught at a state-of-the-art fitness center. Topics include: pre-exercise screening, fitness assessments, spotting, stretching and resistance training exercise biomechanics.
- Note: Those with prior coursework in anatomy are exempt from this prerequisite course.
- Optional one-hour review session is offered before each class. Course concludes with a three-hour summary review.
- Personal training courses are presented by subject matter experts.
- All course materials and exam fees included
- Hofstra University Continuing Education – Academy of Applied Personal Training Education certificate of course work completion
- Interest-free tuition payment plans available
Additional Course Information
This course is not a requirement to sit for the AAPTE CPT-RTS1 Exam, but is recommended for those seeking a classroom and practical skill learning experience.
Participation in the Personal Trainer – Resistance Training Specialist1 course does not guarantee a candidate's success in passing the AAPTE CPT-RTS1 Exam. Visit our exam eligibility requirements for more information.
Certificate of Course Completion: Upon completion of the program and meeting the attendance requirements (participant may miss only two lectures and one lab class), participants receive a certificate of completion in course work from Hofstra University Continuing Education and the Academy of Applied Personal Training Education. (Certificate is not a certification.)
Why Choose AAPTE
Because we offer more than a certification or an acronym. We are a specialization, Resistance Training Specialist1! The Academy of Applied Personal Training Education (AAPTE) has been to providing an educational experience that merges theoretical science(s) and practical skill(s) training since 1996. We provide an educational course of study specifically designed to prepare the aspiring fitness professional for this evolving and emerging profession.
AAPTE’s unique educational curriculum is based upon several perspectives; exercise is specific to each individual, there is no one way to exercise, but there is a prudent way to exercise and that starts with a functional understanding of what exercise is and how to interelate it to the human body. From the concept of applying force, training muscles and movement skills to the manipulation and microprogressing of force, effort and time. This comprehensive course work provides relevant, scientific information relating to the human body, assessment, program planning, nutrition, medical and clinical aspects, human performance, and methods of implementing safe, effective and efficient client centered exercise guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the cost of this course? Personal Trainer Course (includes all materials): $995.00
- Do you offer a payment plan? Yes, please contact our main office at (631) 264-8096 and we'll set you up with a payment plan and get you registered for the class. Contact us today for more information.
- What happens if I can’t make a class? We offer review classes after each module. Prior to the next module there is an open face-to-face question and answer review session. Additionally there is a comprehensive review summarizing the course content at the end of the course.
Personal Trainer Course and Anatomy Course: $1300.00
Anatomy Course only: $305.00
Students with prior coursework in anatomy or a current nationally recognized personal trainer certification are exempt from the prerequisite course.